T-Splines products overview
Since its release in late 2007, T-Splines technology has proven itself again and again in solving challenging design problems across a wide range of industries. Customers include world renowned firms such as Zaha Hadid Architects, HOK Architecture, Dell Computer, Mattel, Bose, BMW, Burton Snowboards, Bulgari and many more.
"T-Splines modeling capabilities allow us to greatly accelerate our design
process and model complex organic shapes that are impossible to achieve in our existing CAD applications.”
- David Quinn, President, Millennium Mold Design, Inc.
Easily create and modify freeform and organic designs
- Model shapes of any complexity as a single smooth, fluid water-tight surface.
- Work with polygonal modeling, box modeling and direct surface editing and definition tools interchangeably.
- Complete design freedom to create shapes meeting aesthetic and manufacturing requirements.
- Create more design variations in less time.
- Create non-rectangular surfaces and break free from the limitations of traditional NURBS surface modeling
Add control only where you need it
- A patented surface modeling technology allows designers for the first time to add local detail and control only where needed in a single surface.
- T-Splines surfaces typically have 50-70% less control points than the equivalent NURBS surface, allowing for faster and more controlled direct editing and shape optimization.
Create production quality manufacturable surfaces
- T-Splines surfaces are watertight and very easy to smooth, making them ideal for analysis and manufacturing.
- Model a complete shape as a single fluid and continuous surface, eliminating the need to match continuity across patch boundaries.
Fully compatible with your design workflows and industry standards.
- 100% NURBS compatible to create gap-free continuous manufacturable surface models
- Easy integration into existing design processes and workflows, with seamless transfer of designs to engineering and manufacturing.
- Far more efficient conversion of designs to NURBS than from sub-division or polygonal modelers, resulting on average in 60-70% less NURBS patches for the same surface.
- T-Splines bridges gaps between popular polygonal modeling capabilities and traditional NURBS modeling.
Breakthrough patented technology
- The first true alternative to NURBs based modeling, invented by computer graphics industry pioneers.
- A new generation of 3D surface modeling capabilities allow you to break free from long standing limitations of NURBS such as:
- Rectangular surface patches, forcing users to break models into many individual patches.
- Uniform grid of UV curves, forcing a uniform level of detail across the entire surface patch.
- Characteristic and unavoidable small gaps between patches in trimmed NURBS surfaces, forcing time consuming and expensive surface repair in transitioning designs to analysis and manufacturing.
- Revolutionary and Evolutionary - A revolution in design capabilities, yet fully compatible with industry standard modeling formats.
High value to the customer at affordable prices
- Includes capabilities typically found in tools 10 times as expensive.
- Embedded translation tools for push-button translation between polygonal models, T-Splines surfaces and NURBS surfaces.