T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino: v4.0 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775

See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

The future of Autodesk plug-ins for Rhino

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino users.

The future of Autodesk plug-ins for Rhino

Postby TomFinnigan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm

We have some important news about the future of the three Autodesk plug-ins for Rhino that we currently offer. As of January 7th 2017, Autodesk will no longer develop new versions or sell the T-Splines, Shape Modeling, and Real-time Renderer Plug-ins for Rhino.

For most Rhino 5 users, nothing will change. You will still be able to use your installed software without interruption as long as you want, and in most cases you can even install and activate your software on new machines.

We will not update these plug-ins for Rhino 6 or any future versions. For those who want to continue to use T-Spline technology beyond Rhino 5, Autodesk has integrated T-Splines in Autodesk Fusion 360 and plans to continue to actively develop it. Similarly, the high-quality surfacing and visualization technology found in the Shape Modeling and Real-time Renderer plug-ins have been integrated into Autodesk Alias.

If you're interested in subscribing to Autodesk Fusion 360, there will be significant Black Friday promotional pricing available from November 25th-28th, 2016. Please visit Fusion 360 on the Autodesk Store during these dates to take advantage.

More information can be found in this FAQ.

You can contact us at rhino.plug-ins.support@autodesk.com if you have further questions or concerns, and I'll also be answering questions here.
TomFinnigan
Poster

Re: The future of Autodesk plug-ins for Rhino

Postby bathsheba » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 am

Hi, I'll be the only person to ask a question. I have TSplines 3.4_r8555, which I bought in 2011. When 4.0 was released I'd have been happy to upgrade, but I didn't because the tsSkin command wasn't working in that version, and it was never fixed -- we talked about it on the forums here. But now I gather 3.4 will expire for new machines in 2018, so if I want to keep access to my existing models, I have to upgrade.

Is there any path to do this now, and if so what's the cheapest way? I understand I've missed whatever discount window there was for 4.0, but I have to say it seems harsh if I'm expected to pay full price for end-of-life software, when I already own a license for the last working version.

Please let me know what to do? I'd like to finish this process ASAP.

Thanks,
Bathsheba
bathsheba
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:43 am

Hi Bathsheba,

That's a good point. I'm looking into it and will get back to you as soon as possible.
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby bathsheba » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

So, what news?
bathsheba
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 am

Still trying to figure this out. Sorry this is taking so long.. :|
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby aubergine2001 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Tom,

I am running 4.0r11183(64) and I keep being told there is an update but I just get taken to the main tsplines dot com homepage. Is there ran update and how do I get it?

Thanks, Randy
aubergine2001
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:32 am

Hey Randy,

Sorry about that. The update checker should be sending you to http://www.tsplines.com/blog/2016/11/autodesk-plugins-for-rhino/, which is the blog post.

We don't have email addresses for every customer, so we were trying to figure out how we could tell as many customers as possible that we were stopping the development and sales of the plugin, and thought of using the update checker. I wish I could change the message in the popup to say that there is news instead of an update, but it is hardcoded in the plugin. I thought it was better to annoy some users instead of surprising others that might want to buy or upgrade the plugins while there is still time, so it is my fault for annoying you. My apologies.. :(. I'll turn off the update check message after January 7th.

If it gets annoying you can turn off the update check in the tsOptions. There will not be any updated release of the plugin.
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby Gene Bauer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:30 am

Hi,
Even though updates will be discontinued I'm still considering purchasing t-Splines. I've always meant to. I design jewelry using Rhino 5 as well as RhinoGold which includes Clayoo. I've never been impressed with Clayoo and t-Splines appears to be a much more useful plugin. I'm curious what the ongoing support for t-Splines will look like and what the future of this forum will be.
Thanks,
Gene
Gene Bauer
Poster

Postby bathsheba » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:43 pm

And my original question?

I'm sorry to nag; I hope you'll understand that I do not want the years of modeling I've done in TSplines to be orphaned in such a short time.

Thanks.
bathsheba
Poster

Postby Johnny63 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi Tom!

I sent a quick question few days ago in the email you gave ( rhino.plug-ins.support@autodesk.com ).
Hopefully You or somebody could answer it as soon as possible!?

Thank You!

Johnny
(I used the name 'Ayajiv' here earlier).
Johnny63
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:25 am

Gene Bauer wrote:I'm curious what the ongoing support for t-Splines will look like and what the future of this forum will be.

Hi Gene,
If you are planning on purchasing the software based on an expectation of continuing support on this forum, I can't recommend that. The plans for the forum aren't set in stone, and there are no immediate plans. But, it seems likely to me that this forum will probably be less actively monitored or even disabled some time within the next few years.

Tom
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am

bathsheba wrote:And my original question?

I'm sorry to nag; I hope you'll understand that I do not want the years of modeling I've done in TSplines to be orphaned in such a short time.

Thanks.

Hi Bathsheba, sorry for the delayed response. I sent you an email, and am also working to see what I can get in terms of a discount.

If there is anyone else that is in a similar situation and looking for a discount, please email me or rhino.plug-ins.support@autodesk.com with your name and what country you live in.

Thanks,
Tom
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 am

I was unable to set up a discount before the end of sale, my apologies :(
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby Ataraxia Guitars » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Is there anywhere to download the autodesk Rhino plugins anymore?

I've just got a new PC after my previous machine died and I'm re-installing Rhino.

I really hope there is a way to re-install these plugins which I've paid for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ataraxia Guitars
Poster

Postby Saskia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 am

Hi Ataraxia,

just tried it and seems to work.

http://www.tsplines.com/latestversion

kind regards,
Saskia
Saskia
Poster

Postby Ataraxia Guitars » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Saskia thanks very much for your reply and that link worked perfectly.

I had been only looking for the download from the Autodesk website which I thought I had originally got it from, but I was probably thinking of the VSR Shape Modeling plugin for Rhino.

If anyone happens to know where I can download the Autodesk (VSR) Shape Modeling plugin for Rhino that would be a huge help!

But thanks again for your help with this. I've saved myself a copy of the installer in case Autodesk stops hosting it and I need to reinstall later.

Leo
Ataraxia Guitars
Poster

Return to Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino modeling