T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino: v4.0 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775

See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

HELP WITH FIN DESIGN

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino users.

HELP WITH FIN DESIGN

Postby AntF » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi Guys! :)
I am new in this community and this is my first post.

Since I read the General rules and did not find any presentation rule... I do it on my own. :)

I am AntF and use T-Splines since 3 weeks now, after getting troubles with Rhino NURBS while designing the model of a Fin for my Surfboard....

So here is my big problem: I can not create the hole fin in Nurbs without splitting the tip and creating another surface, which is not really smooth... so I heard about T-Splines and approached this wonderful plug in.

I have now problems because, again, I am out of ideas about how to construct the hole thing.

In the File I attached, you will see that I created the Fin (until the tip end, which I don not know how to realize) by creating a sweep 2 rail in nurbs and using that wireframe as structure for T-splines. I hope it is the right way to do it...

But as I told you, I really don not know hot to continue... It is really strange that an object with a soo easy surface like a fin is so difficult to construct in CAD :(

Can please someone help me with this project? It really important to me :)

Thanks, AntF
Attachments
TSexperiment3.3dm
(565.23 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
AntF
Poster

Re: HELP WITH FIN DESIGN

Postby JSantocono » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi.
Try this one.
You can tweak the control points to get the desire shape.

JuanS
JSantocono
Poster

Postby AntF » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Tweaking the control points don´t bring me to have a precise surface. In fact, I would have a really unsmooth and non mathematical surface... (or that´s what I got until now...)

Does not exist a method in T-Splines how i can create the same sweep rail 2 like in NURBS but without errors and with the same mathematical exactness?

I attached some files in this post. In the Screenshots, you will see what is the issue I have by realising the fin in NURBS. (Capture 0 to 3)

I also attached the full fin file, were you will find the profile of the fin and of the foil.
I splitted the profile so that I can make a seep with 2 rails. (CentreFin)

And also the file made from the convertion of the seweep 2 rail into t splines... Why is the surface not smooth anymore? I also tried to create another tsplines surface by using the wireframe of the sweep as base for a tspline construction and the result is even worst... (TsExp5)

I also tried to use :tsSkin: but somehow the program crashes every time i use that command...

No one else has any idea hot to construct that fin and can give me an advice? I am really out of ideas. :( :(
Attachments
ts exp 5.3dm
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
Capture.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture2.PNG
CentreFin.3dm
(668.92 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
AntF
Poster

Postby JSantocono » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:44 am

Well, if you are looking for a surface with a precise mathematical function you may want to stick into plain Rhino. It can be done in T-Splines, but it would be hard and definitively not recommended for first time users.

I suggest to post this on the Rhino forum. You will probably get a better solution there using just Rhino tools.

JuanS
JSantocono
Poster

Postby AntF » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:09 am

I know I'm annoing but can can you pease at least tell me what the right method would be to construct that in t splines?

I will of course ask in the Rhino forum too but it would be nice to get this done in t splines...

If not, thanks anyway
AntF
Poster

Return to Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino modeling