T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino: v4.0 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775


See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino users.

v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:48 am

Version 4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino has been released. This version is highlighted by Grasshopper integration, modeling improvements, and better integration with Rhino 5.

NOTE: T-Splines v4 will only run on Rhino 5 64-bit; it will not run on Rhino 4 or Rhino 5 32-bit.

New feature videos for these release highlights are available on the T-Splines Basic Tutorials page.

Grasshopper integration. Many T-Splines commands are now exposed for generative modeling inside Grasshopper to help you explore complex shapes you may not have considered before. For a list and videos of these commands, scroll to the bottom of the Basic Tutorials page.

Modeling improvements. New commands like the Knife command, significant improvements to T-Splines creasing and underlying math and a new Extrude along curve command make T-Splines v4 easier to use and more powerful.

Better integration with Rhino 5. Natively written for Rhino 5 64-bit, T-Splines v4 takes advantage of new optimizations available in Rhino 5 and offers enhanced integration, including better support for histoy and xrefs and editable menus.

70% off for existing customers
If you are an existing T-Splines customer, regardless of when you purchased, you can get 77% off your copy of T-Splines v4 for Rhino.
* If you bought T-Splines after 3 July 2013, you can purchase an upgrade through your Autodesk account or through your reseller for roughly the next two months.
* If you bought T-Splines before 3 July 2013, you can buy T-Splines v4 at a 77% discount (close to the same price as an upgrade) at the Autodesk Store (using coupon code TSPLINE) or through your authorized reseller. This discount is available until July 19, 2015.
* If you live in Japan or Korea, this discount is only available through your authorized reseller.

Network licenses
After not being able to sell network licenses for the past several years, we now offer them again with T-Splines v4, both to upgrade your existing network licenses and for new purchase as well. Network licenses are available only through authorized resellers.

Free student licenses
Students and academic institutions can get free copies of all Autodesk software, including version 4 of T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino.

Known issues
  • tsMatch sometimes doesn't allow preview (when refinement is enabled)
  • tsSkin produces poor results
  • The Grasshopper extrude component produces poor results
  • tsPipe history playback sometimes loses modifications made. Re-entering the tsPipe command will work around this
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby darrellp » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:04 am

There is currently nothing on the tutorials page that I can see. When I go to the store and try to upgrade it doesn't tell me which version I'm "upgrading" to and I can't find this information anywhere. Given that your tutorials page hasn't been upgraded yet I'm concerned that I might "upgrade" to v3 rather than v4. Is there any way I can verify what I'm getting before I buy it?
darrellp
Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby aubergine2001 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:44 am

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 12.40.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 12.40.08 PM.png (67.43 KiB) Viewed 76071 times


Not sure where to post this, but getting this error with new purchase of upgrade.

Thanks Randy
User avatar
aubergine2001
Poster
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:37 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:52 am

aubergine2001 wrote:Not sure where to post this, but getting this error with new purchase of upgrade.


Hi Randy,

Not sure what the cause of the error is. My apologies - I'll try to get it sorted out.

In the meantime, you can download the final v4 build from the latest version page or via this direct link.
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Micha » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 am

Hi,

I don't understand how to buy the upgrade. In the past I upgraded if an upgrade was available. I don't know when it was.

The new release could help me on a current project, so I would like to get a quick upgrade. Can I buy an upgrade at the autodesk shop or do I need a new full version? An upgrade cost 190,-€ and a full version cost 255,-€ (with discount). This is not essentially the same price as an upgrade.

Ciao,
Micha
User avatar
Micha
Poster
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby aubergine2001 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks Tom,

that works! :D

Randy
User avatar
aubergine2001
Poster
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:37 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

darrellp wrote:There is currently nothing on the tutorials page that I can see. When I go to the store and try to upgrade it doesn't tell me which version I'm "upgrading" to and I can't find this information anywhere. Given that your tutorials page hasn't been upgraded yet I'm concerned that I might "upgrade" to v3 rather than v4. Is there any way I can verify what I'm getting before I buy it?


Hi Darrell,

Not sure what's going on with the tutorials page. I can see a list of tutorials in chrome, firefox, and ie. Does refreshing the page work for you? What do you see?

About the version for sale, the 2015 version of T-splines for Rhino is T-splines V4. On the product page, it says that it is the 2015 version, which is the version you're looking for. (Sorry, it should be more prominent.)
Attachments
store_version.png
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 am

Micha wrote:Hi,

I don't understand how to buy the upgrade. In the past I upgraded if an upgrade was available. I don't know when it was.

The new release could help me on a current project, so I would like to get a quick upgrade. Can I buy an upgrade at the autodesk shop or do I need a new full version? An upgrade cost 190,-€ and a full version cost 255,-€ (with discount). This is not essentially the same price as an upgrade.

Ciao,
Micha


Hi Micha,

I'm looking into this. Unfortunately today is a public holiday in the US, and so I might not get an answer until some of our eStore team are back at work tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to download the 30 day free trial of v4.

Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Micha » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:38 am

Great, I will install the trial.

Thanks,
Micha
User avatar
Micha
Poster
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:59 am

Hi:

Just installed t-splines 4.0 for Rhino. In the about popup I get that it thinks it's 3.5 r8975,
is this correct?

Also, when I then startup Rhino v5 (64) i don't see the knife command that you've mentioned on any of my tool bars or in the drop down.

Probably something I've done wrong.

Tried installing the r11183 version. but the thought the serial number I obtained from Autodesk is green the product key is red-x'd. Mine is an educational license.
which I'm sure you have on file.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Al
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby darrellp » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Got it and was playing with Grasshopper when I noticed what appears to be a (minor) bug. The TsVertInfo has two output pins called "Star" and described as "Whether the vert is a star point". One of these has True for almost all my verts and one has False. I'm assuming the second is for "regular" points. In any event - they can't both be describing which are star points.
darrellp
Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby darrellp » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Sorry to keep blabbing about Grasshopper but there is a tsConvert component to convert from BRep to T-Spline. Is there any way to convert from T-Spline to BRep in Grasshopper? Thanks!
darrellp
Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Kev » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:54 pm

alkrever wrote:Hi:

Just installed t-splines 4.0 for Rhino. In the about popup I get that it thinks it's 3.5 r8975,
is this correct?

Also, when I then startup Rhino v5 (64) i don't see the knife command that you've mentioned on any of my tool bars or in the drop down.

Probably something I've done wrong.

Tried installing the r11183 version. but the thought the serial number I obtained from Autodesk is green the product key is red-x'd. Mine is an educational license.
which I'm sure you have on file.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Al


Im getting the very exact thing. I don't know what's up just yet......
Kev
Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Kev » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Here's what mine is showing. I do have Matrix, but I also have a full license of Tsplines that I had before Gemvision added it to their software.

Not sure why TS 4.0 isn't showing up.........


Kev :?:
Attachments
Tsplines.jpg
Kev
Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Kev » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Okay, I have it loading inside of Matrix, but for some reason I can't seem to get it to load in straight Rhino. I'll have to play around with it later and see what's up?

Kev
Kev
Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 pm

thanks, looking forward to using v4 once you figure it out. The GH components should be a great help as well. Can't see the new ones either and can't find a v4 GHA file for them.

Doesn't the educational download include the t-splines v4 upgrades or am I stuck in 3.5 land?

Reason I ask is that I already owned v3.4 as a continuous rather than 3 year trial license. According to Matt's announcement the v4 upgrade should be available for my ed license upgrade.

thanks
Al
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Kev » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Okay,

I have it resolved now. Make sure you're opening Rhino 5 64bit version. I had left 32bit version icon on my desktop. LOL! I must have had my dunce cap on this morning.
Kev
Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm

alkrever wrote:Hi:

Just installed t-splines 4.0 for Rhino. In the about popup I get that it thinks it's 3.5 r8975,
is this correct?

Also, when I then startup Rhino v5 (64) i don't see the knife command that you've mentioned on any of my tool bars or in the drop down.

Probably something I've done wrong.

Tried installing the r11183 version. but the thought the serial number I obtained from Autodesk is green the product key is red-x'd. Mine is an educational license.
which I'm sure you have on file.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Al


Hi Al,

You might need to manually uninstall v3.5. The install directory has changed, so it won't overwrite the previous version.

Let me know if that does it.. :)
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm

darrellp wrote:Got it and was playing with Grasshopper when I noticed what appears to be a (minor) bug. The TsVertInfo has two output pins called "Star" and described as "Whether the vert is a star point". One of these has True for almost all my verts and one has False. I'm assuming the second is for "regular" points. In any event - they can't both be describing which are star points.


Thanks, I'll take a look at that. The GH stuff was one of the first things done for this release, so it's very possible that a few problems slipped through.

darrellp wrote:Sorry to keep blabbing about Grasshopper but there is a tsConvert component to convert from BRep to T-Spline. Is there any way to convert from T-Spline to BRep in Grasshopper? Thanks!


So, the tsConvert component should be able to do that, but it's often not necessary. A TSpline grasshopper param can convert itself to a BRep when requested. Just hook the TS param to a BRep param and it'll convert automatically.

The main thing that tsConvert is useful for is that it has a TS param on input and a TS param on output (it just passes the data through). The data type itself does all the actual conversions. :D

alkrever wrote:Doesn't the educational download include the t-splines v4 upgrades or am I stuck in 3.5 land?


Education download should be v4 as well
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi: I uninstalled the 3.5 version and reinstalled my older 3.4 r8555 which is a full educational licensed version. I understand there is no difference really between the 3.4 r8555 and the 3.5 release.

The version that autodesk downloads is the rhino 32/64 bit 3.5 version and that seems to be what they issued the 3 year license for. Shouldn't that be a 3 year 4.0 download for 64 bit only or does the fact that I have both the 64 and 32 bit versions installed confuse the downloader?

I use a couple of plugins that require the 32 bit version but don't use tsplines for 32 bit work.

the download 3 year v4 "select the software you want" dialog only offers the 2014 version as a choice. When you download the actual v4 version r11183, the product key that you've gotten from the "select software dialog" previously is invalid and only seems to work with the 2014 3.5 version educational download. So that when I use the product key I've received during the v4 install it isn't valid and won't let me proceed. Is there another product code for the correct v4 download?
Al

Al
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 pm

alkrever wrote:The version that autodesk downloads is the rhino 32/64 bit 3.5 versions. and that seems to be what they issued the 3 year license for. Shouldn't that be a 3 year 4.0 download for 64 bit only


Hi Al,

It should download 4.0 for 64-bit only. I think there might be a problem with the store's download, which we're looking in to. It's a holiday, so unfortunately it might be a while before it gets sorted out.

In the meantime, you can download the final v4 build from the latest version page or via this direct link.

Please give that a shot and let me know if it works better for you.
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks Tom: I actually have downloaded it. Attempted install.

However if I try to install it for the 3 year option it declares my product key as invalid. Serial number is okay. So I can't get past the serial number/product key page to the next install step.

Is there another product key for the v4 64 bit direct download? The one autodesk sent me earlier is A46F1 which is apparently not the right one for the 64 bit v4.

thanks
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Micha » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Discrimination of Europeans? I have seen a screenshot of the US-Shop - 200$. But here at Germany I have seen the update price at 200€. :evil: Second class user?
User avatar
Micha
Poster
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby bathsheba » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:44 pm

If I may ask, how badly is tsSkin broken? Are there plans to fix it?
I realize I may be its only user, and that it has always had some bugs; however it is what I use T-Splines for. If it hasn't been improved, ok, but if this is actually a downgrade, or this command is now deprecated, I'd appreciate more complete information.

Thanks,
Bathsheba
User avatar
bathsheba
Poster
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:17 am

alkrever wrote:Is there another product key for the v4 64 bit direct download? The one autodesk sent me earlier is A46F1 which is apparently not the right one for the 64 bit v4


The product key for v4 64-bit should be A46G1. Was this a commercial purchase or from the student store? Both should be updated now to the new product key, it would be very good to track it down. If you got the serial number before last week, you will probably need a new serial number.
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 am

Micha wrote:Discrimination of Europeans? I have seen a screenshot of the US-Shop - 200$. But here at Germany I have seen the update price at 200€. :evil: Second class user?


I had a longer answer here, but it looks like what I'm allowed to say is that the differences are due to tax and market differences in different locations.

One thing that I would add is that Fusion 360, one of Autodesk's most recent products, is the same price everywhere in the world.
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby TomFinnigan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:39 am

bathsheba wrote:If I may ask, how badly is tsSkin broken? Are there plans to fix it?
I realize I may be its only user, and that it has always had some bugs; however it is what I use T-Splines for. If it hasn't been improved, ok, but if this is actually a downgrade, or this command is now deprecated, I'd appreciate more complete information.


Hi Bathsheba. Thanks for commenting - your name comes up in pretty much every internal discussion about tsSkin. The curve to surface workflow is very important, but tsSkin has always been difficult to get good results out of. There have been changes in the core surface implementation (like the new crease behaviors) that haven't been accounted for in tsSkin. It also appears that there are unrelated bugs that have crept in.

So, right now tsSkin is pretty broken. I don't think it's possible to get good results out of. It is on the list to fix. Apparently for legal/financial regulation reasons we're not supposed to promise functionality before it's available? If I were you I'd hold off until it's actually fixed though, to make sure.

If you want, I can email you personally when I have fixed tsSkin.
User avatar
TomFinnigan
Poster
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks: It was a student/faculty version.

Installed correctly this time. That seemed to be the problem. But as you suggested I do need a new serial number. So I;m currently in the 30 day trial period. Hopefully the site is updated, or will be soon, to include the v4.0 r11183 64 bit option for the educational version.

looking forward to seeing what's up with the new features.

all the best
Al
Last edited by alkrever on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby l1407 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 am

why can't check the bill on store....? :roll:
l1407
Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby SamPage » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:33 am

Please give a holler when you figure out the Autodesk store issues. I'm having the same failed download as aubergine2001.

Thanks,
Sam
User avatar
SamPage
Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:19 pm

SamPage wrote:Please give a holler when you figure out the Autodesk store issues. I'm having the same failed download as aubergine2001.

Thanks,
Sam


Hi Sam, all,

I escalated the store issue and it looks like there was an intermittent caching issue (which makes sense since I'd seen this issue just once myself). They have now fixed that, so please go ahead and try to purchase again. You may need to clear the cache in your browser to see the fix.

Best,
Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:20 pm

l1407 wrote:why can't check the bill on store....? :roll:



What do you mean by that?

Thanks,
Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

alkrever wrote:Thanks: It was a student/faculty version.

Installed correctly this time. That seemed to be the problem. But as you suggested I do need a new serial number. So I;m currently in the 30 day trial period. Hopefully the site is updated, or will be soon, to include the v4.0 r11183 64 bit option for the educational version.

looking forward to seeing what's up with the new features.

all the best
Al


Al,
Thanks for reporting this - this was my bad - it slipped through the cracks that we'd need to formally request that the version on the Students website be updated. I'm made that request now; I hope to have a date I can share with you soon about when that will be updated on the Students site.

Thanks!
Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Matt Sederberg wrote:
Micha wrote:Hi,

I don't understand how to buy the upgrade. In the past I upgraded if an upgrade was available. I don't know when it was.

The new release could help me on a current project, so I would like to get a quick upgrade. Can I buy an upgrade at the autodesk shop or do I need a new full version? An upgrade cost 190,-€ and a full version cost 255,-€ (with discount). This is not essentially the same price as an upgrade.

Ciao,
Micha


Hi Micha,

I'm looking into this. Unfortunately today is a public holiday in the US, and so I might not get an answer until some of our eStore team are back at work tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to download the 30 day free trial of v4.

Matt


An update: something shifted after the discount price was agreed on, to make the coupon discount and the upgrade price out of sync. I'm working with the team to bring this back into alignment - I've been promised an update tomorrow that I will pass on. Thanks Micha.
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby SamPage » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:59 pm

I didn't realize the direct download link you provided wasn't just the trial, but also was the licensed download. I installed that and all seems to be working well.

Matt Sederberg wrote:I escalated the store issue and it looks like there was an intermittent caching issue (which makes sense since I'd seen this issue just once myself). They have now fixed that, so please go ahead and try to purchase again. You may need to clear the cache in your browser to see the fix.


Chrome still gives me the same "File not found!" while Firefox gives me:

Code: Select all
Server Error

Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number:  SYS_000001


So perhaps not fixed, but I am settled now that I've used your download link.

Thanks
Sam
Last edited by SamPage on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SamPage
Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby CarterTG » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Matt Sederberg wrote:I escalated the store issue and it looks like there was an intermittent caching issue (which makes sense since I'd seen this issue just once myself). They have now fixed that, so please go ahead and try to purchase again. You may need to clear the cache in your browser to see the fix.


Likewise with Sam & Randy

Cache cleared. "File not found" still exists.

This is the case whether using the "Order Tracking" link from the Autodesk Store site or the findmyorder.com site.

Been checking every few hours since yesterday's purchase including the past 10 minutes.

ts4error.jpg
User avatar
CarterTG
Poster
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby l1407 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Matt Sederberg wrote:
l1407 wrote:why can't check the bill on store....? :roll:



What do you mean by that?

Thanks,
Matt


I click the check out icon, and than it go to home page?

and I am not receive the coupon code...? Please help me to check it, thank you very much!
l1407
Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:58 pm

l1407 wrote:
Matt Sederberg wrote:
l1407 wrote:why can't check the bill on store....? :roll:



What do you mean by that?

Thanks,
Matt


I click the check out icon, and than it go to home page?

and I am not receive the coupon code...? Please help me to check it, thank you very much!


Which store are you trying purchase at - where do you live?
You should have received the coupon code in an email -did you get this?

thanks,
Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby l1407 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:57 am

Which store are you trying purchase at - where do you live?
You should have received the coupon code in an email -did you get this?

thanks,
Matt


I live in Hong Kong, the store link http://store.autodesk.com/, and no email received the coupon code to me, thx!
l1407
Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby ricardo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:18 am

I just can't get to the shopping cart at the Autodesk Store, it keeps popping back to the home page.

EDIT: It was brought to my attention at the Rhino Forum that could be because I'm accessing from BR. Our local store does not carry TSplines
ricardo
Poster
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby swisscad » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:44 am

Hi everyone!
Is there a whats new and fixes/improve list besides the 3 videos?

Thanks!
User avatar
swisscad
Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Switzerland + France

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby tehnoart » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 am

First of all my greetings with v4 release ! Really a pleasure to see that T-Splines continue to develop .

I have been regularily upgrading since v1.3 through v3 , still before Autodesk acquired T-Splines .
My pleasure always ( under T-Spline run ) also was possibility to ask and get answered in human way , as opposed to kind of online ticket support service .

Yesterday I bought v4 upgrade , and installed it Ok . Now bumped into Upgrade Activation issue .
Possibly those who got v3 bought under Autodesk don't run into it .

The thing is , that when running TSActivate , Autodesk window pops up , and asks for Old Serial Number ( which is normal when upgrading ) , and here all stops , as all I have sinve v1.3 through v3 are Internet Activation Keys , of different format .

Could you please help me resolve this matter ? I find nothing suitable as help to resolve this using Autodesk robotized online support .

And also I have no idea where to turn to be heard so to say .

Maybe I ask PayPal to refund the money , and place order for full v4 instead , but then again all money spent on v1-v3 then have no legacy support ...

Otherwise , everything is awsome , as they say

Dimitrijs
tehnoart
Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:06 am

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby ricardo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 am

OK, I managed to dodge the web site lock with some VPN software. The installer also failed, stating that there was no Agreement for Brazil. Had to change locale on the computer too.

Installed now.

Now is there a need to rebuild the toolbars?

Can we still get the second install on the Laptop?
ricardo
Poster
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby CarterTG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:55 am

Not sure what's different between the more recent successful upgraders and myself.

I resorted to installing Firefox to pull up the "Order Tracking". Clicking on the result, a Firefox window popup appeared, attempted a progress indicator of "0/?" and led to the exact "File not found" message.

And now going back to IE11, reattempting the process gives a result similar to Sam's:

Error:
We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
Error Number: SYS_000001


Even tried this from an older notebook. There, the popup gives a "Download using Browser" button only to kick me back to the generic Autodesk Store homepage. Copied the button's shortcut URL (containing file name and order number) to paste into Firefox. Same deal. Autodesk Store homepage.

Three days of frustration.
User avatar
CarterTG
Poster
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby ricardo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:36 pm

CarterTG wrote:Not sure what's different between the more recent successful upgraders and myself.

I resorted to installing Firefox to pull up the "Order Tracking". Clicking on the result, a Firefox window popup appeared, attempted a progress indicator of "0/?" and led to the exact "File not found" message.

And now going back to IE11, reattempting the process gives a result similar to Sam's:

Error:
We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
Error Number: SYS_000001


Even tried this from an older notebook. There, the popup gives a "Download using Browser" button only to kick me back to the generic Autodesk Store homepage. Copied the button's shortcut URL (containing file name and order number) to paste into Firefox. Same deal. Autodesk Store homepage.

Three days of frustration.

There is a direct link up in the thread.
ricardo
Poster
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby alkrever » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks Matt: Looking forward to your info.
Al
alkrever
Poster
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:35 pm

tehnoart wrote:First of all my greetings with v4 release ! Really a pleasure to see that T-Splines continue to develop .

I have been regularily upgrading since v1.3 through v3 , still before Autodesk acquired T-Splines .
My pleasure always ( under T-Spline run ) also was possibility to ask and get answered in human way , as opposed to kind of online ticket support service .

Yesterday I bought v4 upgrade , and installed it Ok . Now bumped into Upgrade Activation issue .
Possibly those who got v3 bought under Autodesk don't run into it .

The thing is , that when running TSActivate , Autodesk window pops up , and asks for Old Serial Number ( which is normal when upgrading ) , and here all stops , as all I have sinve v1.3 through v3 are Internet Activation Keys , of different format .

Could you please help me resolve this matter ? I find nothing suitable as help to resolve this using Autodesk robotized online support .

And also I have no idea where to turn to be heard so to say .

Maybe I ask PayPal to refund the money , and place order for full v4 instead , but then again all money spent on v1-v3 then have no legacy support ...

Otherwise , everything is awsome , as they say

Dimitrijs


Hi Dimitrijs,
Sorry for this frustration. If you bought v3 before the Autodesk acquisition of T-Splines then you should be placing a full order, but you can use a discount coupon to get it at a cheaper price. It sounds like maybe you didn't get this emailed to you; I'll send it to you now. So you're right - you should get a refund on your upgrade, then buy a discounted full license.

Sending you an email now...
Matt
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby Matt Sederberg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Carter,
Sorry for this frustration, and for my slow response; I'm travelling at the moment. Let me get back in touch with the eStore people; will post an update when I have one. Meanwhile, as Ricardo mentions, if you've been able to successfully order and have received your serial number, you can just download the installer from tsplines.com/latestversion.

Best,
Matt

CarterTG wrote:Not sure what's different between the more recent successful upgraders and myself.

I resorted to installing Firefox to pull up the "Order Tracking". Clicking on the result, a Firefox window popup appeared, attempted a progress indicator of "0/?" and led to the exact "File not found" message.

And now going back to IE11, reattempting the process gives a result similar to Sam's:

Error:
We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
Error Number: SYS_000001


Even tried this from an older notebook. There, the popup gives a "Download using Browser" button only to kick me back to the generic Autodesk Store homepage. Copied the button's shortcut URL (containing file name and order number) to paste into Firefox. Same deal. Autodesk Store homepage.

Three days of frustration.
User avatar
Matt Sederberg
Employee
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby tamiller » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:31 pm

I just scanned down the post - and it sounds like the problem I am having is being experienced by many. I received the V4 release email from Autodesk and having stopped using T-Splines because I missed the upgrade opportunity when Autodesk acquired T-Splines I am now trying to repurchase at the 70% discount. However, when I go to the Autodesk store and click on the purchase link I get a message that says : We can't seem to find the page you're looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.
tamiller
Poster
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: v4 of Autodesk T-Splines Plugin for Rhino released

Postby ricardo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 am

ricardo wrote:Now is there a need to rebuild the toolbars?

Can we still get the second install on the Laptop?

:?:
ricardo
Poster
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Next

Return to Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino modeling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests