T-Splines v3 Beta 2 has known bugs and we would not recommend it for commercial use. However, if you would like to try out the new features, we would welcome your feedback to help us shape the final look of v3!
If you have a T-Splines v2 for Rhino license, you can download the latest v3 Beta.
If you don't yet own T-Splines for Rhino, you can purchase a license today. You will get a free upgrade to v3 when it is released.
- A T-Splines v2 license
- Rhino v4 SR8, or Rhino v5 2011-02-01 (32 or 64 bit)
- You may need to use tsSymmetry to rediscover symmetry from T-Splines v2 files.
- Please submit crash reports to McNeel so we can fix them.
- For Grasshopper users, there's a grasshopper component that works with T-Splines v3.
New in Beta 2
- There's a new HUD. It shows as a small tab in the viewport, as well as a dockable window. There are settings available from the _Options window. One new option is dynamic volume display.
- The tsInfo command has been added. tsInfo brings up information about the current version, the license and updates.
- Licenses can now be deactivated. To transfer a license to another computer, run ths tsInfo command and click the "Deactivate License" button. An internet connection is required. If deactivation succeeds, your activation key can be used to activate on another computer.
- tsQuadball is a new primitive that approximates a sphere with a meshbox.
- tsFromLines now always outputs a box-mode T-Spline. If you want to set t-points you can use tsLayout. If you want to set creases you can use tsCrease.
- Border Edge UVNs are more consistent - U is always along the edge.
- tsMerge selection of coincident edges is improved.
- Deleting edges next to stars now behaves more predictably
- Fixed a bug with whole-object selsets not replaying properly
- SubdivideFaceExact was sometimes not exact near borders with smartgrips. This is now fixed.
- Fixed several crashes with deleting edges.
- Licensing fixes
- Fixed several tsMatch bugs
- Fixed a nurbs conversion bug
Here's a quick video of the new HUD:
New in Beta 1
- Major stability improvements
- Tweak to manipulator, should hopefully not jitter as much in View mode
- v2 Toolbar is now available (use Rhino's _Toolbar command to show it)
- Made more of the commands translatable
Improvements made during the work-in-progress stage of T-Splines v3
Below are videos that demonstrate some of the new v3 WIP features. You can change the resolution by clicking on the "360p" after you start the video. Please leave any comments or suggestions about v3 in this post.
tsPull and tsInterpolate