T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino v3.4 Download
Autodesk tsElements v1.2 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775

See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

T-Splines v3 Beta 1 available

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino users.

T-Splines v3 Beta 1 available

Postby TomFinnigan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 pm

T-Splines v3 Beta 1 is now available.

T-Splines v3 Beta 1 has known bugs and we would not recommend it for commercial use. However, if you would like to try out the new features, we would welcome your feedback to help us shape the final look of v3!

Download latest v3 Beta

If you don't yet own T-Splines for Rhino, you can purchase a license today. You will get a free upgrade to v3 when it is released.

Requirements:
  • A T-Splines v2 license
  • Rhino v4 SR8, or Rhino v5 2011-02-01 (32 or 64 bit)

Important notes:
  • If you're upgrading from WIP1 or WIP2 64-bit, you'll need to manually uninstall it first.
  • You may need to use tsSymmetry to rediscover symmetry from T-Splines v2 files.
  • Please submit crash reports to McNeel so we can fix them.
  • For Grasshopper users, there's a grasshopper component that works with T-Splines v3.

New in Beta 1
  • Major stability improvements
  • Tweak to manipulator, should hopefully not jitter as much in View mode
  • v2 Toolbar is now available (use Rhino's _Toolbar command to show it)
  • Made more of the commands translatable

Improvements made during the work-in-progress stage of T-Splines v3

Below are videos that demonstrate some of the new v3 WIP features. You can change the resolution by clicking on the "360p" after you start the video. Please leave any comments or suggestions about v3 in this post.

tsPull and tsInterpolate

tsPull

Selection Sets

Improved symmetry

Piping

Advanced piping

Speed settings
TomFinnigan
Poster

Re: T-Splines v3 Beta 1 available

Postby arystoteles » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 am

nice thank you!!!
arystoteles
Poster

Postby Matt Sederberg » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 am

We're doing a webinar introducing this beta on February 22 at 1 PM EST. Details and register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/573981208
Matt Sederberg
Employee

Postby MerelyMyself » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Concerning this:

"v2 Toolbar is now available (use Rhino's _Toolbar command to show it)"

Could you be more specific? When I run _Toolbar and get the whole toolbar manager, under UI collection files, the TSplines_tb group does not seem to have the old toolbar in it. Just Creation, Edit mode, manipulation, Modification, New in V3, Primitives, T-Splines, Type Selection, and Utility (none of which are the old all-in-one toolbar). Any advise on how I can load up the appropriate one? Thanks.
MerelyMyself
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 pm

MerelyMyself wrote:Could you be more specific? When I run _Toolbar and get the whole toolbar manager, under UI collection files, the TSplines_tb group does not seem to have the old toolbar in it. Just Creation, Edit mode, manipulation, Modification, New in V3, Primitives, T-Splines, Type Selection, and Utility (none of which are the old all-in-one toolbar). Any advise on how I can load up the appropriate one? Thanks.

Is this on Rhino 4 or 5? There should be an extra toolbar in TSplines.tb called "Main Icons Only" that is copied from v2.
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby MerelyMyself » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Is this on Rhino 4 or 5? There should be an extra toolbar in TSplines.tb called "Main Icons Only" that is copied from v2.

I've been trying in Rhino5 64bit.

I've tried to drag-and-drop the TSplines_tb.rui file that was datestamped with the time that I installed the new beta with no luck. I've also gone through the _toolbar command window's menu options to add it, but I'm still getting the same old list of options. Running tsToolbar results in a message of "T-splines toolbar is now loaded," but no toolbar is visible.
MerelyMyself
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:12 pm

MerelyMyself wrote:

I've been trying in Rhino5 64bit.

I've tried to drag-and-drop the TSplines_tb.rui file that was datestamped with the time that I installed the new beta with no luck. I've also gone through the _toolbar command window's menu options to add it, but I'm still getting the same old list of options. Running tsToolbar results in a message of "T-splines toolbar is now loaded," but no toolbar is visible.

Oh, hmm. The .rui file is automatically generated from the .tb. (rui files are the replacement for toolbar files). Rhino 5 might not notice that the .tb file has changed. Try deleting the rui file and see if it regenerates.
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby MerelyMyself » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Oh, hmm. The .rui file is automatically generated from the .tb. (rui files are the replacement for toolbar files). Rhino 5 might not notice that the .tb file has changed. Try deleting the rui file and see if it regenerates.

So, I uninstalled T-Splines as much as I could, reinstalled this beta, launched it. Same old toolbar options. So I went and deleted the new rui file, restarted Rhino, and nothing. So I go to _toolbar and load up the brand new Tsplines_tb.rui that regenerated, and: nothing. The only toolbar listed under Tsplines now is the generic "Toolbar group" with the non-functional smiley face button in it.

I have noticed that the only TSplines.tb file I can currently find on my computer is a week old and apparently did not disappear/get replaced with my reinstall. Could this be the culprit? If so, how do I get an updated .tb?
MerelyMyself
Poster

Postby TomFinnigan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

MerelyMyself wrote:

So, I uninstalled T-Splines as much as I could, reinstalled this beta, launched it. Same old toolbar options. So I went and deleted the new rui file, restarted Rhino, and nothing. So I go to _toolbar and load up the brand new Tsplines_tb.rui that regenerated, and: nothing. The only toolbar listed under Tsplines now is the generic "Toolbar group" with the non-functional smiley face button in it.

I have noticed that the only TSplines.tb file I can currently find on my computer is a week old and apparently did not disappear/get replaced with my reinstall. Could this be the culprit? If so, how do I get an updated .tb?

I'm pretty confused about this one. Attached is the latest tb file - see if it will load up and work.

Tom
Attachments
TSplines3.tb
(69.3 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
TomFinnigan
Poster

Postby Matt Sederberg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:07 pm

T-Splines beta 2 is now available: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31200
Matt Sederberg
Employee

Return to Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino modeling