T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino v3.4 Download
Autodesk tsElements v1.2 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775

See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

extruding form from lines

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino users.

extruding form from lines

Postby shellsj » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi there

I am trying to make a puff heart, using this tutorial
http://www.rhino3dhelp.com/wp-content/u ... esring.pdf

I am wanting to pierce through the heart when I have the form just right and give smoothness to the edges
I'm having real trouble getting the initial puff heart coming to life
I am using the help menu ( pasted below), to get a nice smooth tspline surface - but cant get the command tsFromLines to work I get "Error computing the fit T-Spline" response

I just know there is an easy way to solve this..........
Any help very much appreciated

Quote...
tsExtrudeLines Previous Top Next

tsExtrudeLines is used to extrude a 2D control polygon into a 3D control polygon. The 3D control polygon can be used to create a T-spline surface using tsFromLines.

Above: 2D control polygon (left), 3D control polygon (center) and the T-Spline surface (right).
Attachments
tsplines forum heart.3dm
(374.25 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
shellsj
Poster

Re: extruding form from lines

Postby Hamishk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Worked with Shelley and after some time with the manual and fiddling with the shape got tsFromLines to work.

Some working from the manual from section "Creating the Control Polygon" p 29 of 2.2 manual

There appears to be a bit of a difference in the process noted in the manual and the process noted in the tutorial at http://www.rhino3dhelp.com/wp-content/u ... esring.pdf

====== snip from above tutorial ========
Transform to T-Splines Surface
Before generating the T-Splines surface, we need to be sure that we only have the lines we need; for this, I usually use: first, ungroup all, then split selected curves against each other (tsSplitCurves), select duplicate curves (SelDup) and Delete them.
===== end snip from above tutorial =======

In the manual, on p33 it mentions using the tsSplitCurves command. But does not mention selecting duplicate curves and deleting them.

Any particular reason between the difference in methodology between the manual and the tutorial?

The bit of the manual that would have helped us with a bit more detail / diagram attached would have been the section on Mark T-points on p35: Once we changed two Red points to T points life was much easier. But we were a little blind to that section as it was such a small section I guess I overlooked it longer than I should have.

The movie about the priority option on p34 helped as well. Can be seen at media.tsplines.com/priority.mov

Along with having some more lines / segments to create 4 sided faces on the original control polygon, those were the areas we found most information while going through this learning cure. I'm sure an English teacher somewhere is having their stomach turn at this last paragraph.

Regards,
Hamish K
Hamishk
Poster

Return to Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino modeling